In this month of silence, I have find myself acutely more aware of moments of silence -- in car rides, on the telephone, in person with someone. I have felt more comfortable with such moments without even making a conscious effort. I simply have observed the silence, made no judgment over it, yet it has felt so natural in most all the occasions I can recall.
Yet, this evening, a thought struck me. I cannot recall the transitions out of the silence. I write this at mid-month through June, the month some of us have dedicated to reflecting on silence, to prompt myself to be more aware this month not only of silence, but of moments of speech, to appreciate when speech comes, how it flows, and what it feels like to move out of silence...
I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this, too. And now I will return to silence. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
BB, this was a lovely post. Indeed, I am so glad that the month is devoted to silence. Even in these 16 days, I feel like so much treasure has been unearthed, in terms of learning to understand this better.
Thank you for sharing, as always :).
Post a Comment