Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Saint Teresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be confident knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

3 comments:

Amrithaa said...

Thank you for posting this! Such potency a prayer has in giving us that sense of peace and connection to God and renewing our faith. It certainly did for me as I meditated upon it :)

Bright Butterfly said...

btw, I think you have me beat for late night blogging. ;-)

melinda said...

—“…infinite possibilities born of faith…” that particular line spoke to me; in a couple situations I am trying to release my fears to God. The fear takes the form of feeling trapped. Thanks for posting this reminder that there are possibilities outside what I can see in my human limitations.
“ ‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’” Isaiah 55:8-9