Monday, September 15, 2008

Yoga for Peace, this weekend!

A number of sites throughout the world are joining together this weekend to participate in an event called Yoga for Peace (to locate a site near you, go to: www.yoga-for-peace.org). We'll all join together in 108 sun salutations (why 108?), a symbolic gesture of unity and peace. Peace begins within with each one of us! As a bumper sticker I once had said: "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." I propose that each one of us use the occasion to focus our thoughts on unity and peace. Even if you can't get to an official event, please consider doing a few sun salutations on your own this weekend (here's a basic surya namaskar sequence) and focus your energy on thoughts of unity and peace!

There's an event here in Santa Cruz on Saturday, Sept. 20th @ noon in San Lorenzo Park. I'm planning to attend -- would love to have you join me! (I'm going to a beach cleanup beforehand, 9am - noon, which you're also welcome to join!) My fabulous yoga instructor will be leading some of the sun salutations. The Santa Cruz event will help raise money to buy yoga mats for kids and teens in Santa Cruz, as well as for women at the Blaine Street Jail.

No comments: