I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow today, with its difficult physical test (which ended up going quite smoothly) became perhaps one of the most beautiful days of my life. I feel so overwhelmed by gratitude, by love, by comfort, blissful joy, and surprising certitude... this prayer captures it so much better than I can with my words.
Remove not, O Lord, the festal board that hath been spread in Thy Name, and extinguish not the burning flame that hath been kindled by Thine unquenchable fire. Withhold not from flowing that living water of Thine that murmureth with the melody of Thy glory and Thy remembrance, and deprive not Thy servants from the fragrance of Thy sweet savors breathing forth the perfume of Thy love.
Lord! Turn the distressing cares of Thy holy ones into ease, their hardship into comfort, their abasement into glory, their sorrow into blissful joy, O Thou that holdest in Thy grasp the reins of all mankind!
Thou art, verily, the One, the Single, the Mighty, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.
-‘Abdu’l-Bahá
5 comments:
i am so, so glad that you had a good day. and remember how you so wished you could get to saturday? there is some beauty in allowing yourself the pain... no? ;)
:)
I don't know where to put this comment, so it's here. But I love your curiosity spot! Thanks for sharing the tidbits!
Many thanks AA. ;) The curiosity spot is fun and definitely allows me to indulge myself in exploring all kinds of random topics. Glad you enjoy it too.
8&20, it's so true what you say that there's some beauty in allowing yourself to experience the pain... (sometimes there's no choice in the matter!).
Post a Comment